MS 261 c loose handle?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ReggieT

Aug 13, 2015
Birmingham, AL
Hey Guys,

I don't dog my saws or tug on them in a tight cut. I cut decent enough now I rarely ever get pinched.
Yet, I noticed after a some storm clean-up a few days ago, my 261 seemed looser than normal around the handle area connected to the main body.
Not bad lose, but noticeable.
Took it to my normal Stihl shop...they did some minor maintenance. They called and said it was ready, I asked about the looseness, they're reply was, "the saw is built atop some springs and that is normal looseness for a 4-5 year old saw...it's alright Reggie!"

Anyways, that was via phone call...I'm picking it up in the morning and I'll see.
Do you guys have any solutions, thoughts and btw is there a way to tighten the handle closer to the body?
Modify message

Everyone must be out cutting wood hence no replies. I would think if dealer says “all good” I would think all good.

Yep, that was my thoughts as well. lol
I've been looking at AV springs/boots online. They're priced pretty reasonable, yet my mechanic skills are like a Sasquatch!;em
I just picked it up...it will do for the time being.
Thanks

Reactions: Diabel