MS 280 off switch issue.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamess67

Feeling the Heat
Nov 19, 2007
Central Illinois
Often while Im cutting wood, the stop/run/choke switch will pop out and the shut off mechanism will slide out of place. Has anyone else had this happen. A buddy of mine with the same saw has the same trouble. Is there a fix for it? I know my description is a bit confusing but those who know will understand.

Might be a "talk to dealer" issue, or if you don't get a good response here, try over on Arboristsite... (I won't suggest that maybe you should trade it in on a Dolmar... :coolsmirk: )

Gooserider

Jamess67 said:
Often while Im cutting wood, the stop/run/choke switch will pop out and the shut off mechanism will slide out of place. Has anyone else had this happen. A buddy of mine with the same saw has the same trouble. Is there a fix for it? I know my description is a bit confusing but those who know will understand.

Have them check the tension on the Master Control Lever, if there is to much it will pop out.

Zap

Never had this problem with mine. Still under warranty??

I've had problems with the switch on my 029 and my MS180. They kinda snap and pop together, if you know what I mean. Take the cover off and have a close look at it. I found that taking the switch apart and carefully reassembling it got it to work OK. This seems to be a Stihl weakness. So far, the only one I have encountered.

Thanks guys!! I just saw that I posted a MS280...ooops is 290

Status
Not open for further replies.