MS 361 mods

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks, been getting a bunch of questions about this post. Here is a response to most questions I have been asked regarding this post.

I will add a properly sized pipe and spark screen. Then polish the pipe, and paint the muffler.
The process takes 24 hours. I get the muffler at 3 one day, it goes out at three the next day.

Cash in the package, or money order, or we can do a paypal payment. When you send the muffler its $75.00. When I have to obtain a muffler, typically the price will be $125. Shipping included. Performance gain on a 361 is very impressive. An easy 25% increase in power resulting in faster cuts. More production and a longer lasting saw.

Right now your saw stock sounds like a sewing machine. After my modification, it will sound like the high performance engine that it is. It is louder, but more of a pleasant feel good sound, that will match the "holy chit" power.

If it is not what I say it is and you are some how disappointed...send it back and I will replace it and the money with a new stock muffler.

Thanks,
Scott.

ScottWojo said:
Hi folks, been getting a bunch of questions about this post. Here is a response to most questions I have been asked regarding this post.

I will add a properly sized pipe and spark screen. Then polish the pipe, and paint the muffler.
The process takes 24 hours. I get the muffler at 3 one day, it goes out at three the next day.

Cash in the package, or money order, or we can do a paypal payment. When you send the muffler its $75.00. When I have to obtain a muffler, typically the price will be $125. Shipping included. Performance gain on a 361 is very impressive. An easy 25% increase in power resulting in faster cuts. More production and a longer lasting saw.

Right now your saw stock sounds like a sewing machine. After my modification, it will sound like the high performance engine that it is. It is louder, but more of a pleasant feel good sound, that will match the "holy chit" power.

If it is not what I say it is and you are some how disappointed...send it back and I will replace it and the money with a new stock muffler.

Thanks,
Scott.

How about on an 880?

Status
Not open for further replies.