Ms170 mods

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cphinman

Dec 22, 2015
Connecticut
I've got an ms170 that runs ok, I ordered new prison and jug and an adjustable walbro carb for an ms170. Plan on doing the port work tonight and open up the muffler. Does anyone have experience doing this and know if the walbro carb will supple enough gas for the port job. Ps I put a .50 bar and chain on it 14" length and it rips before the port work, I'll be reaching for this over my 562xp once it's ported and making some real power.

image.png
image.png

Subscribing... Might need to massage my 170 also

Here is what I've done to far.... Those walbro carbs j ordered on eBay were terrible tried both and neither works, cleaned the stock and put it back on..... But ordered a walbro wt215 which is a stock replacement for bigger saws. I'll let you know how it goes with that one

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Reactions: D8Chumley
Casting is slightly different?

Yeah the "whiter" one is a cylinder for my bosses rebuild just used it for reference of the amount of material j took off for my "port job"

Status
Not open for further replies.