MSG IS IT TRUE!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

budman

Minister of Fire
Nov 13, 2006
Valley Cottage,NY
I was taking to my son the other night,he lives in lakewood COLO,and he told me that they have
red flag days when they can't use there wood stoves.

No, its mandated by the city, and only applies to the non certifed woodstoves. Exempt from the rule are stoves installed above 7000' and cookstoves.

MountainStoveGuy said:
No, its mandated by the city, and only applies to the non certifed woodstoves. Exempt from the rule are stoves installed above 7000' and cookstoves.
Thanks MSG i will let him know.

budman said:
MountainStoveGuy said:
Thanks MSG i will let him know.

We are in a basin. Often in the Winter we get Inversions. The valley traps air and the temperature drops, there is a layer of warmer air that holds the dirty air in place (right now it's 38 in the valley and 51 at top of mountains 10-11,00 ft.). Particulate pollution builds to an unhealthy level. It's the Health Department that regulates our Red No Burn Days. We're in a yellow right now. All non-essential burning is banned on red. Only those of us who use burning as primary heat are allowed to burn. That means if you have NG or electric as back up, you must switch. If you have a nasty neighbor and you burn and they turn you in the fine is hefty ($$$). I have no installed back-up, therefore I can burn my pellet stove, but I have noticed a lot of soot the last few days. Not sure if it has anything to do with the inversion, but I did tweak the blowers and feed rate last week. Maybe over did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.