Mt Vernon AE Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vgrund

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Dec 8, 2005
Amherst, NH
Hi All,

I'm having a Mt Vernon insert installed on Friday and I'm looking forward to it since our central heat is LP forced hot air ($$$). So my question is, how far away from the stove are you owners locating your thermostat? I know the answer to where to place the thermostat is "it depends". I'm just curious, are you putting it in the same room or a different room, how far away, that kind of thing. My insert will be located in a family room that opens into a kitchen.

Victor

you should put it in the same room in line with the unit then figure out what temp you need to keep that room to keep the other spaces at a reasonable temp.

I bought enough thermostat wire to do exactly that. Thanks for the input / confirmation.

The thermostat on the MT. Vernon allows you to calibrate the temperature reading. In other words if you have a thermometer 15 ft away from the stove that is reading 68 degrees and your wall control is too close to the stove and it is reading 74 degrees you can set your thermostat reading to 68! Pretty simple stuff!

Nice and very handy for me, since I don't have a lot of placement options anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.