Mt Vernon AE purchase

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtsurfer57

Jan 22, 2013
Well we are finally ready to take the plunge, did alot of homework on here and that helped out a great deal. We are looking at a 2006 Mt Vernon AE, has the ceramic finish, warranty work that has been done its had a thermostat, control board and baffle replaced in the last couple of years and the dealer we are buying it from is putting in a 300 watt igniter and we can pick this up for $1500. Price sounds good to me just not sure about the fixes, should I be happy this stuff has been done, or should I worry that this might be a Lemon. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, this is a great sight.
thanks
Roger

I'd stay away, as per OMV's info above. And a lot of $$ for a 6 yr old stove, even with the "fixes".

06 was the first year for the AE. It was probly released a little prematurely and quite a few bugs that got worked out.
IMO find another used stove.

Reactions: oldmountvernon
Wow really appreciate all the feedback, after looking this over we've decided to go in another direction, might actually go with the Harman P68, will post when we get one, thanks for saving my bacon!!!!!

Reactions: smoke show
Status
Not open for further replies.