MWP stink

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oldmountvernon said:
movemaine said:
blackbear219 said:
Since everyone seems to like MWP more than myself...

If anyone is in the Bangor, ME area I will sell what I have left for $3/bag.

Can't blame a guy for trying :)

I'm in Augusta and I'd buy them off of you for $3/bag.

sure jump on my deal! :)

Like you really need any more! What a hog!!!! >:-(

oldmountvernon said:
At 3 bucks a bag roll the tractor trailers in i'll take it all. dont hate buddy :) maybe you wanna sell some and make some room for that boat? Oh im buying a forklift to make it easier to unload so loadem up and truckem down!

Dude! Step back and take a breath! You are sick pal! :sick:

I mean this in a good way of coarse! :cheese:

Me thinks someone best do a tonnage divided by tons per year burned compared to expected life expectancy calculation.

I was talking with a buddy who lives in northern Mass, and we got around to wood pellets. He is returning the ton of MWP he got last week because they smell so bad and don't burn well for him.

I have not heard back from TSC yet.

The description of a dull circular saw burning through a 2X4 might be a pretty close description of the odor - kind of woody with an acrid component.

The pellets are dry, and quite cool to the touch, as they were stored outdoors at TSC, and are in a cool garage here.

I think the burning embers flying out of the burn pot are these small pieces of pellets catching fire then blowing out of the pot.

MWP stink

I don't suppose it's any heat loss since they are still in the stove, but I need to go outside and see how many sparks are getting out. I may have to invest in a large spark bucket.

oldmountvernon said:
movemaine said:
blackbear219 said:
Since everyone seems to like MWP more than myself...

If anyone is in the Bangor, ME area I will sell what I have left for $3/bag.

Can't blame a guy for trying :)

I'm in Augusta and I'd buy them off of you for $3/bag.

sure jump on my deal! :)

I've only got 3/4 ton of La Crete's in my garage. I need some backup

heat seeker said:
I was talking with a buddy who lives in northern Mass, and we got around to wood pellets. He is returning the ton of MWP he got last week because they smell so bad and don't burn well for him.

Snip ...

I don't suppose it's any heat loss since they are still in the stove, but I need to go outside and see how many sparks are getting out. I may have to invest in a large spark bucket.

Be certain you get the giant economy Carl model, accept no substitutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.