My 6041I US stove works only in test mode

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

69yellowmopar

Jan 2, 2023
California
I need help with my USStove 6041. I have cleaned it beyond and tested everything.
All runs fine in test mode, nothing happens once on.
auger does not work
aggitator does not work

any idea what’s wrong. Believe it or not I’m in Ca and it’s cold. Bad time for my wood stove to go out.
thanks

tested everything
What does tested everything mean?

Some 6041s have a hopper switch some don't if yours has a switch under the hopper door you can try jumping that switch . Unplug stove connect two wires from switch tape connection plug stove back in and try to start. Number 30 in diagram. I would try the Hopper switch first as it is the easy to get to. And if it is a vacuum problem (see below) you should be getting a error code. Also check the control board hopper switch connection could have unplugged when cleaning.

nothing happens once on.
Nothing? Does control board light up, does combustion motor turn on? If yes on these two questions, I would try "jumping" the vacuum switch unplug stove, remove both wires from the vacuum switch and attach them together. You can use a paper clip to attach the two wires together best if you put some tape on connection do not let it touch stove as it will short board out. After you connect the two wires plug stove in and try to start. If stove starts and feeds pellets you either have a vacuum leak or a bad vacuum switch. To check for vacuum leak inspect rubber hose on vacuum switch for cracks or if it is plugged with soot, also check the metal nipple that hose attaches to fire wall to see if it is plugged. Check door seal by putting a dollar bill in between door and firebox close the door and pull bill out do this all the way around door the bill should pull out with some resistance if it pulls out easily you might need a new door gasket. If hose is cracked you usually can trim a little off and reattach. Jumping the switch is only for testing purposes not a fix.

1673014076247.png

https://www.usstove.com/video/6041-vacuum-switch-80549-replacement/

pressure switch.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: FirepotPete