My aerialphoto RC plane and radios review

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I continue to be amazed at the way brushless electric motors and LiPo batteries have changed the RC world.

I tried a friends 'box stock' RC brushless car, it was so powerful it wanted to flip over backwards when it caught traction!

Growing up, I had so much fun doing RC cars with NiCad batteries and standard motors. And I was remembering they were really fast.

Those old rigs don't even come close to the stuff available today!! I had trouble even keeping up with that brushless car I mentioned!!

I should've known they were doing brushless in airplanes too, but this video showing the thrust when connected to a propeller was quite impressive.
Thanks for sharing Metsaman!

Thank You !

You are absolute right, modern brushless motors and lipo batteries are also very easy to use, no messing around with dangerous fuels and lots of malfunctions...
In My case this technology is made possible Me having fun My rc planes on own backyard, because nearest rc plane airfield is about 100 kilometers away...

Crazy how far things have come. I mowed endless lawns and delivered a lot of papers, to come up with 1/2 of the money to buy my first "real" RC car, my birthday gift was the other half. Took me a week to assemble it after school, I think I was 10 or 11 years old, it was pretty complicated.
http://www.rcscrapyard.net/tamiya-fox.htm

Now I can go onto Amazon and for $20 have a remote control helicopter delivered to my door in 48 hours. I wanted nothing more than an RC helicopter when I was a kid, we had the cars, my buddies has gas powered planes, I wanted the helicopter but at the time they were well over $1000 and you just about had to be a real pilot to fly one, or you would crash your $1000++ toy. I never got a helicopter.:( Not until last year when I bought my own from amazon and I now harass the dog and cat whenever I get bored. ;lol

Actually is almost same thing to Me, younger I have no any possibility make rc planes to hobby. Expensive and difficult to handle, this days are different, now I can do almost anything that I dream about when I was younger.

Rc cars I have no interested but planes and now I thinking maybe buy one those tricopters, seems to very handy and interesting gaddets.

I mount camera side on the plane where I have selfmade camera attachment.

I just got new action camera and gone use that camera in a future, I will make video how I use it and how I attached in plane, that camera comes with many attachment part so I use those parts for it.

Actually it no usually need any of difficult systems, few rubber bands and duct tape do the job...

I wanted the helicopter but at the time they were well over $1000 and you just about had to be a real pilot to fly one, or you would crash your $1000++ toy.

The hobby grade r/c helicopters still do cost that much.. and more... planes can as well. And they also get a looooooot bigger than these micro sized planes and the inexpensive models sold at the mall. You can go into the thousands or even 10s of thousands with high end electronics, very high power electric system (think kilowatts), gasoline power, even functional turbine jets.

Its true that advances in electric power, and cheap self stabilizing control systems have made the hobby accessible outside the core group of dedicated tinkerers who like to build from scratch and are willing to fiddle with miniature engines. But its also made it too easy to get in trouble with them, leading to scares of near misses with full scale plans and people snooping on their neighbor. Honestly I cringe every time I hear the word "drone".. part of me liked the hobby better when we where a bunch of overgrown kids out playing with balsa wood toy planes in farm fields :) I guess I'm just saying - have fun but think about where you fly and be safe too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.