ColdNH Posted By ColdNH, May 16, 2019 at 10:13 PM

1. ColdNH

ColdNH
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 14, 2009
    Loc:
    Southern, NH
    Gearing up for a new install. Wasn't too thrilled with my old Oslo and always loved the look of the hearthstones. Scored this beauty for 460$ came with a brand new uninstalled baffle and a cast iron steamer. Woot

IMG_20190516_220248.jpg IMG_20190516_220228.jpg

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. gabenson

gabenson
    New Member 2.
    NULL

May 31, 2018
    Loc:
    Ga
    Great find. I like its exterior form.

ColdNH likes this.
  3. Woody Stover

Woody Stover
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 25, 2010
    Loc:
    Southern IN
    Purty. :cool:
    What didn't you like about the Oslo?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. webby3650

webby3650
    Master of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 2, 2008
    Loc:
    Indiana
    Good price, you should be able to resell it and make a little money in the deal.

5. ColdNH

ColdNH
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 14, 2009
    Loc:
    Southern, NH
    I never seemed to be able to get it running hot for long periods of time. My wood was fine and I had plenty of draft. It just didn't seam to live up to the expectation of being one of the greatest stoves available. Honestly I much preferred my Napoleon steel stove I had in my first house, as ugly as it was. Additionally The front door is 100% useless as it dumps ash everywhere and makes a mess every time you go to use it. I didn't hate the Oslo, but i wasn't in love with it either.

Honestly I am unsure if I will like the soapstone either. I am nervous about the long time I will have to wait to feel the heat and I am unsure if the heat really does radiate longer. However I do think this is one of the best looking stoves available and I couldn't pass it up for the price.

Are you saying I should resell it and buy something else? If so what would you recommend?

6. webby3650

webby3650
    Master of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 2, 2008
    Loc:
    Indiana
    If you didn’t like your Oslo, I can’t see you liking the hearthstone. Same problem with the front door, but with poor durability. The “heat life” of the stone is not much if your house needs real Heat.
    It was a good buy if it’s not cracked. I would have picked it up too, but with the intention of reselling it in the fall.