My little friend hoppy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Highbeam

Minister of Fire
Dec 28, 2006
Mt. Rainier Foothills, WA
Maybe it's just a PNW thing but our frogs are tiny. This is what most of our frogs look like. I saved this guy from a dance with the mower blades.

If you like eating frog legs then I'd imagine you would have to get LOTS of these to fill your tummy.

Attachments

• IMAG0750.jpg
    IMAG0750.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 124
  • IMAG0757.jpg
    IMAG0757.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 115
once in a while I see small frogs around here. Not sure exactly what kind they are, but they are really tiny. Not quite as small as that one, but tiny...

A couple of months ago there were little tiny toads, hoppin all over my property, they were every where, must have been thousand's.
I have never seen it like that here , must be all the rainy weather .
Some I just could not avoid when I was mowing :(

Is that little guy a full-grown adult, Highbeam?

Maybe it's just a PNW thing but our frogs are tiny. This is what most of our frogs look like. I saved this guy from a dance with the mower blades.

If you like eating frog legs then I'd imagine you would have to get LOTS of these to fill your tummy.

Man...the bugs down here would be eating them...ha We have had a lot of toads and bull frogs this year....more rain that normal.
We could sure use it after last years drought thou...

We have a few monster toads that love to sit out back and eat the bugs that come to the light. After seeing the droppings, I am sure
glad that I don't eat bugs...:eek:

Is that little guy a full-grown adult, Highbeam?

I don't know, the biggest frog that I've seen of similar markings was still smaller than a half dollar. Usually they're smaller than a quarter. This guy must be young.

We've had a dry summer. Almost no rain in 45 days. I actually can find my septic drainfield laterals due to the dead grass above them.

Looking at the pics, sorry about the crazy finger hair and ring caluses. I suppose I don't have city boy hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.