My load of tree length wood pics:)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelthomas

Hearth Supporter
Feb 10, 2006
$750 for this load up here in Maine. This will keep me busy for a while:)

Attachments

• 100_2497.jpg
    100_2497.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 2,164
  • 100_2498.jpg
    100_2498.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 2,171
  • 100_2499.jpg
    100_2499.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 2,149
holy crap... how many cords do you think your gonna get from that..

Looks like the saw is going to get a lot more of a workout than the maul.

michaelthomas said:
$750 for this load up here in Maine. This will keep me busy for a while:)

There u go!! Now thats the load of wood I'm using to seeing delivered up in my hometown up maine :)

Here are a few guys that I know do the log length thing:
Don Frasier 207-432-5047 Cell
He quoted me as $600 for a 6 cord load, and $1100 for a full flatbed load I can't remember if he said it was 10-12 cord?

The guy I got the load from is Remi Beaulieu 207-710-3170. He called after the load was dropped to check on it. I thought that was nice. I am trying to get my wife to OK another load. Mention that I gave you his name. Can't hurt:)

Good Luck

michaelthomas said:
He quoted me as $600 for a 6 cord load, and $1100 for a full flatbed load I can't remember if he said it was 10-12 cord?

The guy I got the load from is Remi Beaulieu 207-710-3170. He called after the load was dropped to check on it. I thought that was nice. I am trying to get my wife to OK another load. Mention that I gave you his name. Can't hurt:)

Good Luck

Wow, that $$ is high, 100$ a cord for log length... I can get em for 85$ each down here and I thought that was high.

yes, $600 a cord was too steep for me. I can spend another 85$ a cord and not have to buck, toss, split, and toss. He lives quite a distance from me and cuts off his own land. It might have been that he has enough orders that are closer to him so he gave me a high price to make it more worth his while to go out of his way. Anyway it was too much. the guy I went with was 750 for an 8 cord load. about $85 a cord this way.

hows that load coming along? i'm down in southern maine also and gonna be getting some log length again this year. was gonna call around to a few different people and get prices first. was curious if you were done and what it came out too??

rich81 said:
hows that load coming along? i'm down in southern maine also and gonna be getting some log length again this year. was gonna call around to a few different people and get prices first. was curious if you were done and what it came out too??

I am almost done and so far I have about 5 cord cut split and stacked, and I estimate that I have another 3 cord left to cut and split. I think it will be right at the 8 cord he adveritsed! A-lot of the wood was on the small side which worked out well as I only had to run it through the splitter 1 or 2x. I have my 6 cord done for next year and the last 3 cord I am going to split even less of it as it will have 2 years to dry. I will leave anything 6-8" accross in the round. Takes about 2 tanks of gas to cut a cord, an hour to split, and an hour to stack. I have the 3 cord of logs left and 3 cord from trees taken down last year and 1-2 cord of stuff from a tree guy to get done and then I am done for a year.
I called the logger guy and he is on a job now where the logging truck can't get into so they cut and split and haul dump trucks out. He will be at another job in a month that will have some log length.

michaelthomas said:

Good Luck

Where abouts is this Don Fraisier out of? I live in Sidney (central Maine) and am looking into getting some tree length myself.

Thanks in advance.

I got 8 cords of long length wood ( white ash)
from DB Energy products out of Monmouth. He is cutting in the surrounding area this summer. Just bought a processor also. Nice guy to deal with. Told me to call him when I have it cut and stacked if I come up short. Call Phil @ 207-212-4403. Prolly paid more than what I am reading here. But was the best price in the area at the time. Not many tree length guys around. Most are processing and stockpiling for the winter rush. End of April. $115 a cord
Will

Tfin said:
michaelthomas said:

Good Luck

Where abouts is this Don Fraisier out of? I live in Sidney (central Maine) and am looking into getting some tree length myself.

Thanks in advance.

He is out of west newfield Maine. Border of NH/MAINE.

Status
Not open for further replies.