My modest stack for 14/15

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy S.

Feeling the Heat
Oct 28, 2013
Southeastern, PA
I finished my modest 2-cord stack of wood for this year. The hardwood is leftover from the cord I bought last November and a bit of Maple I was able to scrounge (about a cord). The rest is Pine I've split with the intent of using this year. With another cord of Pine stacked behind my building at work and a face cord or so of dry hardwood for the fire pit at the Lake I'm thinking I have the year covered since I'm a supplemental (but no less addicted) burner of BTU's. Although modest by the monster standards I envy so much here, my little stack beats the hell out of the start I had for my first year. Now I have to try to avoid wishing away my summer since I can't WAIT to take my little insert for a spin with known dry fuel.

Hoping that staying with it through the summer will get me ahead. I've learned a lot here. Thank you!

Attachments

• 2 cords.jpg
    2 cords.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 217
Reactions: D8Chumley
I find myself kinda wishing my summer away also when I'm admiring all the hard work in my stacks. Every year has been better than the last and I'm excited to be on the brink of 3 years ahead with good dry wood as well.

Reactions: Andy S.
Doesn't look modest to me at all, looks like a lot of hard work in that stack that you should be proud of. And don't wish your summer away - that's the time for having fires outdoors instead of inside!

that's the time for having fires outdoors instead of inside!
Yeah... the fire pits get the ugly stuff these days. I know I'm getting close to the line when the kids and our guests start having laughs at my expense over my giving a hoot over what goes where.

Yeah... the fire pits get the ugly stuff these days. I know I'm getting close to the line when the kids and our guests start having laughs at my expense over my giving a hoot over what goes where.

Yeah last summer I was burning some punky wood in the firepit and some friends asked about the nice oak "stacked over there." My reply "Are you crazy!?" Apparently I'm the one who fits that description.

Reactions: D8Chumley
Status
Not open for further replies.