My new favorite tool

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff_t

Minister of Fire
Sep 14, 2008
SE MI
I just got home with my new Logrite cant hook. I seem to have been blessed(?) with a bunch of 40"+ oak trees this winter and spring, and decided I needed some extra help in moving the big rounds. I have access to a loader with a grapple to load them, but have to fight to get them off the trailer, then manuver them to the splitter.
Anyway, nobody had anything bad to say about the Logrite stuff. I still wanted to fondle one before I spent that much money, so I found a dealer about an hour away. What a well built tool. The hook is nice and sharp, and the other point is very stout. And both can be replaced. Plus the lifetime warranty on the handle. Price was about one third more than the wood handled hooks they had, but worth it I think.

I did. Closest I could find. You can find them online for less, but I wanted to see one in person. Plus the local economy thing and all.

pics or it never happened ! :)

I could use one of those.

But I would also consider sledge and wedge splitting those big rounds into more managable sizes. You can really mess up your back trying to move the really big stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.