My new intrepid 1

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rob711

Feeling the Heat
Oct 19, 2017
Long Island, ny
Picking it up tomorrow, think it's a 1982 needs fire brick and prob some other attention. It's going into existing 100 yr old fireplace. I'd like to get it as far in as I can, once I get it home I'd like to order a liner kit, gaskets, cement, fire brick, three, I believe, and thermometer. I have to see what will work best but I think I could run liner straight into top with a appliance adaptor, or, out back, into t, then up. Pros/cons to either.
I'm not going to insulate, we may double sq ft of house/ add second floor in 2-3 yrs. plan block off plate with rock wool insulation stuffed in top and bottom. I have lots of questions!! Can I get a outside air kit for this stove?

I don't think outside air kits were available for any of the original VC stoves.