My Regency F2400 Woodstove install. (Alcove)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geardoc

Oct 30, 2008
Yorktown Virginia
I have to give props to this site. I pretty much learned everything I needed to know by lurking around here besides the Regency specs. I basically ripped out my old Preway Zero Clearance fireplace and liner. The rock you see is man made by Boulder Creek. It killed my back but its worth it now. The stove is a Regency F2400 I picked up new for $1000. There's 12' of Stainless insulated liner on top of the ceiling box. Works awesome and heats the whole house including upstairs. I have a cathedral ceiling and I put a vent at the end of the upstairs hallway and peak of ceiling. All work was done by me and my brother in-law. He got to do the high stuff since I hate heights!
PICT9286Medium.jpg

PICT9307Medium.jpg

PICT9315Medium.jpg

PICT9317Medium.jpg

PICT9370.jpg

how do you post to this forum.

i have a very stinky stove that i need some guidance on. all i can figure out is how to reply

You should have a new topic button towards the top right. Next to the post reply?

Wow, that's looks so good! The rock work looks awesome. I can't believe it's not real rock. I can only imagine how many hours you put into that.

Wow. Outstanding. Congrats on getting the job done yourself, with a little help.

Awesome job Geardoc. I like the recessed lights. That's class. Enjoy the heat!

I would be bragging about that install ... Nice job, and cool idea with the stone work.

Rob

Jim41 said:
Awesome job Geardoc. I like the recessed lights. That's class. Enjoy the heat!
Thanks, that was my brother in laws idea.

outstanding!! love the rock. enjoy the warmth!

Thanks for the compliments! I'm loving this thing. Now I'm on a fire wood mission..... Good thing my brother and some friends own clearing and tree businesses. Only if it all was already seasoned.

You and your brother-in-law's install looks VERY NICE to say the least! I just love it. Enjoy my friend...... :)

Are you sure that pic. didn't come from a magazine somewhere? :lol: Kiding, It makes me want to get a cup of coffee and soak up the heat. But you can't you have to go get wood. It becomes an addiction, as hard as it is,it's enjoyable and you can't quite.

That looks really, really nice! Love the lights too! I would think your wood should be stored off the hearth to comply with combustible clearances?

Shari

Great job!It's a Regency shrine.

Looks awesome, you can see the S&^% eating grin on your face installing the chimney~!!!!

burntime said:
Looks awesome, you can see the S&^% eating grin on your face installing the chimney~!!!!
lol, thats my bro-in-law up there making faces.... I wasnt getting up in that hole....

Do you have any trouble moving the heated air out from the alcove area you have the stove in?

BTW, that is a beautiful install.

Hey great looking stove and hearth.. Great pics of details involved too... Thanx for posting that!

Ray

clamp01 said:
Do you have any trouble moving the heated air out from the alcove area you have the stove in?

BTW, that is a beautiful install.

Thanks! I don't have any problems at all moving the heat. I have a cathedral ceiling in that room and I installed a vent that goes through to the end of the upstairs hallway. I am getting plenty of heat upstairs that way. It really turned out well in heating the whole house. BTW, It sits about 3/4's in the alcove. I really enjoy it. The only problem is that I fall asleep to easy in there now....

Status
Not open for further replies.