My slow but sure breezeway into addition progress.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogwildz

Minister of Fire
Just thought I'd share some photos of what I been up to for the last year since moving in here.
My goal is to stop sleeping on the couch within a year LOL.
Breezeway basically had a roof, the two existing walls (one house, one garage) and the front and back walls which has plywood & cedar look siding on outside.
I added insulation, and steel studded an office, master bedroom master bedroom closet, & a kinda walk through room. I will be adding another door to house in the alk through room which will lead to a bathroom I will build.

Heres some in progress shots.

Attachments

• PIC00001.JPG
    PIC00001.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 519
  • P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 508
office

Attachments

• PIC00002.JPG
    PIC00002.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 511
  • P1010002.JPG
    P1010002.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 489
Pics didn't come out too great, but gives you an idea anyways.

Attachments

• P1010005.JPG
    P1010005.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 491
view from bedroom to office

Attachments

• PIC00010.JPG
    PIC00010.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 479
  • P1010003.JPG
    P1010003.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 487
And some of the pex I ran. Just love these Shark Bite & Walls slip on fittings. Decided for a lil bit longer tube today, slipped the tubing out of the fittings, cut the new tube, slipped into the fittings. Done. gotts love it.

Attachments

• P1010004.JPG
    P1010004.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 485
Hog, like your pine boards. Been looking down here and best I can find is $ .65 ft.

Bones said:
Hog, like your pine boards. Been looking down here and best I can find is $ .65 ft.

Aye, its not cheap. Drywall would have beeen prolly 1/3 the cost. But 3x the headache, taping, spackling, sanding, priming & painting.
I have done enough drywall junk, that I never want to touch it again. I pay $1.55 per square foot for 8" T&G;, comes in random lengths.
Theres a place in Michigan I think sells it only and delivers. Might cost more to have it delivered then purchase locally. I went to some local family owned lumber yards and ended up getting it from one of them. Plus I try to support local businesses as much as possible. The box stores were no cheaper, except for the quality, and the stuff I got was milled right on site. No need to pick through and search for good pcs. Every pc was perfect. And nicely banded together in 20sf packs. Took 2 trips last round in my Ford Ranger. 30 packs first trip, 31 second LOL. Worked, wasn't too bad as the pine is light in weight.

Well it does look good, the quote I got ( board foot) was from a lumber yard near the KY boarder for 6" white pine TG. Did you seal the back side ¿

Coming along nicely, Hogz..... now we see what you've been doing with all your spare time (like there ever is any).

That's quite the project you've got going there. Looks great so far...

Bones said:
Well it does look good, the quote I got ( board foot) was from a lumber yard near the KY boarder for 6" white pine TG. Did you seal the back side ¿
I did not seal that back side, never heard of that. everything will be seal coated in a matte or light gloss on the interior surface.
The exterior walls have craft faced insulation, R19. should be fine. Plus, if ya seal both sides, the wood cant breath. thats my opinion anyways.

Thanks Harley & Griz. It is a big project for me, considering work is insane, and time is so not there lately.
Its basically weekend time, sharing fixing busted crap in the main house & cutting the grass around the house & big field out front. I am wooped.
Upstairs water line to the toilet let loose while I was on the road the other night. So thats 1st priority this weekend. Time for more pex & fittings for a hopefully quick repair. When a iget some more done, I'll try and take some better pics. These just came out like crap.

Hogz, some where I came across that it was better to seal both sides to prevent warping if used on an outside wall.
I can see both sides of the fence on this one.

Bones said:
Hogz, some where I came across that it was better to seal both sides to prevent warping if used on an outside wall.
I can see both sides of the fence on this one.
I'll let ya now in a few years. I'd rather chance letting them breath.

wrenchmonster said:
Looks great HW! Keep up the good work!

-Kevin

Thanks Wrench, hope I can finish before retirement ;)

Yippie, got another wall done. Small, but I didn't have much time. Fixed the plumbing leak & mowed the grass & field. Long day.

Attachments

• new office wall 10-2-07.JPG
    new office wall 10-2-07.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 285
Status
Not open for further replies.