My Stihl 025 confusing me.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I have good luck hand filing in the woods, and then fixing the chains with a Granberg jig when I get back. The Granberg is too slow to use when I'm cutting wood, but my hand filing is too bad to not use the Granberg at some point.

I try to go no more than 2-3 hand sharpenings per chains between jig fillings. I am not nearly as good at keeping accurate angles as my brain thinks I am. :p

Reactions: D8Chumley
I have good luck hand filing in the woods, and then fixing the chains with a Granberg jig when I get back. The Granberg is too slow to use when I'm cutting wood, but my hand filing is too bad to not use the Granberg at some point.

I try to go no more than 2-3 hand sharpenings per chains between jig fillings. I am not nearly as good at keeping accurate angles as my brain thinks I am. :p
Do you use a jig or guide? Or just free hand?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk