My stove is to small and I need help?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DamienBricka

Feeling the Heat
Nov 3, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
Hello Guys,

I have a CFM-FW240007 which is way to small for the 1320 square feet that I have to heat. I can only keep the heat inside the house at around 64F with temperature of -10F outside. I need a bigger stove bit I am limited in two front cost no more then $1000 including cast. My Heart is 24 by 36 inches. No clearance problem since it is concrete floor and cinder block walls. Any suggestions to keep me in budget. I am a handy man since I remodeled my own home and everything passed inspection.

Hello Guys,

I have a CFM-FW240007 which is way to small for the 1320 square feet that I have to heat. I can only keep the heat inside the house at around 64F with temperature of -10F outside. I need a bigger stove bit I am limited in two front cost no more then $1000 including cast. My Heart is 24 by 36 inches. No clearance problem since it is concrete floor and cinder block walls. Any suggestions to keep me in budget. I am a handy man since I remodeled my own home and everything passed inspection.

Don't know exactly what your situation is but an Englander 30 NC is pretty popular around here especially for best bang for the buc in a big stove. Home Depot has them for about $900, and less in the off season. You get a 3.5 cu. ft. firebox which is really nice for long lasting big heat. I scrounged a nice one off of craigslist for my garage for $400.

Someone else will probably chime in. Good luck to you!

It is installed in the basement with insulated walls. It rest on a block pad that is about 6" high. The wall behind the stove is brick.
The problem I have is the pad dimension it is 36*24, I could expend the pad there is only a small problem the tiles would be of a different color since the color I have is to my knowledge no longer available.

Trying to heat the upstairs from the basement seems like it should work but many have tried without succeeding trying to get the heat from the stove up above. You probably need to get your stove centrally located upstairs or maybe go with a wood furnace if trying to heat from below.

Not an authority on this. I'm sure someone else is.

The challenge is that I have no room upstairs to put it.
Right now the house heat the house very well with mild temperature. Last month my Wife was complaining to hot on the main floor.
So I know the heat going from insulated basement to main floor is not the problem. In my opinion the stove is to small and I have to upgrade
within my budget

I would go big if you're heating from the basement, its insulated so that works in your favor, I'd seriously look at the NC30, its a heating beast with a good reputation around here, if the weather's warmer you can just build smaller fires but in weather like this the 3.5 box would be nice to have.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.