My trailer rebuild thread

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great job, looks like the hooks will hold the cords, and will stay ,as long as U don't get sloppy with them, but remember trailer bounces much more than towing vehicle

I painted the whole thing yesterday, ill have pics up this afternoon! I also got a brake lights from harbor freight that ill be installing soon

The paintjob, camouflage for a touch of uniqueness:p

IMG_3081.jpgIMG_4798.jpgIMG_2741.jpg

The lights are all bolted in, just need to cut the wire down

Reactions: HDRock
Nice job. Just don't park it in the woods!

You could up size the wheels and tires for a little more piece of mind.Some 13" would make it pull a little easyer.
Looks good,now you need one of those camoed 460's to match it.
Thomas

Great job!
Next pictures be with it in use ?
Winter is over, time to put it to work ;) LOL ;lol

I've got a few if it hauling scrap and lawn equipment. Haven't had the chance to fill we with wood but should be soon!

Ive got some updates!

Sadly this thig hasnt hauled any wood yet, all my scrounges have been more convenient to throw in the bronco. BUT it has been fulfilling its primary roll as a landscaping trailer quite well. Here are some additions ive made to make it even more effective:

Hand tool rack at the front. 2 2x4s with holes, simple and effective:

IMG_4464.jpg

And a hinged tailgate so I dont have to have loose 2x8s floating around inside. I used 4 inch hinges and secured them with 1 inch 1/4" lags. The empty spots in the pics have since been screwed in

IMG_9284.jpgIMG_8242.jpgIMG_4321.jpg

Sides back on and a coat of paint:

IMG_0448.jpgIMG_3670.jpg

And the attaching mechanism that still allows the sides to be removable:
IMG_4758.jpg

Thats all for now!

Attachments

• IMG_7882.jpg
    IMG_7882.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 193
Reactions: ScotO and HDRock
Good job, BigBarf! Just make sure you don't overload that thing, looks like a lightweight boat trailer axle and wheel setup. I really like the tool rack in the front, I may steal that idea from you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.