My Vernon e2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stevedc3

Nov 8, 2014
Lincoln Rhode Island
I have a Mt Vernon E2. Let me be clear, I am totally satisfied with the performance and heat output of this stove. My question is, the remote thermostat supplied with my stove doesn't perform as advertised. I located the thermostat within the recommended 15-20 ft. Of the stove. After several shut downs and error messages I decided to relocate the thermostat much closer to the stove. Actually within 3'feet. I had to place it on the control side of the stove on side of my china cabinet. After this placement the thermostat has worked flawlessly. I understand the E2 is now equipt with a wired remote that has more features than the wireless. Has anyone out there exchanged their wireless for this remote?

Hi Steve- Quad has indeed now equipped the E2 with a wired programmable digital thermostat vice the remote one. They have been a problem for many people (the remote ones).

Hmmm... So, is there any chance the wireless version that was used with the E2 could be used with the AE? I have had many rants about how much I hate the way Quad designed the AE with half the brains in the stat, but it is what it is. But I would like to relocate my stat to a different place that would be difficult to rewire. But if the wireless could substitute...

Status
Not open for further replies.