QuadraFire Mt Vernon E2 Control Board Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Maxxnas

Jan 3, 2015
Northampton, Pa
This past season, I've notice that my flames are entirely too high on my Mt Vernon E2. I went to clean my stove for the new season and noticed the baffle plate had cracks in it. I ordered a new one.

I tried to adjust the pellet/air mixture and noticed that the adjustment has no stops. Meaning the settings go from -4 to +4 and the recessed adjustment control spins freely 360 degrees. Is this normal?

Does the adjustment screw have physical stops, or should I be replacing the mother board?

I'm hoping some fellow E2 owner can verify because I can't remember. Thanks for any info.

control.jpg

I'm very much an amateur, but do know that my E2 does have hard stops at -4 & 4. That part is considered the "dial control" and is relatively easy to replace, if necessary.

Hope this helps.

I'm very much an amateur, but do know that my E2 does have hard stops at -4 & 4. That part is considered the "dial control" and is relatively easy to replace, if necessary.

Hope this helps.
Thank you! I did end up ordering a new dial control and it definitely had the stops. My stove is working perfectly again and my pellet usage has gone way down.

Reactions: pb0812 and ARC