My woodpile so far...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ecfinn

Dec 12, 2005
Ambler, PA
Here are a couple pictures I took of my recently stacked woodpile. I calculate it out to be about 270 cubic feet or just over 2 cords. Best part is it was all free/scrounged. I've still got a number of pieces that need to be cut down to my inserts max length (18") and they'll have to be piled elsewhere. You'll see in the first pic I put a post at the end and strung a line tied to the post into the center of the pile to help hold it up. I forget who's idea that was, but thanks for that tip. We'll see how well they hold up in this weekends heavy rain/winds....

Later,

Eric

Attachments

• Pile3.jpg
    Pile3.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 816
  • Pile4.jpg
    Pile4.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 808
Good lookin' pile Eric, and it sounds like the price was right!

The Ford is a nice touch also, is that a '77 or '78?

Looks like a good pile of wood there Eric. Nice gap behind behind the pile between the fence for air to run through.
Ye- Ole' late 70's Ford stands by as pictures are shown of work that has been done.

How long has the wood been cut and split ? Hard to see from the pictures of any cracks on the ends of the wood.

Money in the bank brother man.

Lookin good, you figure that's enough for the year...I see you'll be up an running Dec 8. My install is for Dec 7 LOL. I have 2 cords ready for this year and 1 cord still in rounds for next year. Even tho I'm getting a late start I figured 3 cords this year...so I'm alittle short. Might have to bite the bullet and buy some more for this year or just burn when we are home not 24/7. We have FHA as backup. Well good luck on a smooth install.

Its actually a 78 Bronco in the corner of the one pic... The wood has been cut since January and I only just split it a few weeks ago so I'm hoping it'll be dry enough to burn. From some testing I just did with my new $20 moisture meter from harbor freight, it looks like most of it is ready to go. I've got another 1+ cord in my back yard of ash, that was cut last September and split and stacked by December last year. That'll get burned first. This is all part of my plan to try and use less than 250 gallons of oil this winter.

Eric

Nice looking pile. That will keep you warm for awhile

Status
Not open for further replies.