My Woodstock Fireview install is done.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zelachowski

Jan 14, 2012
New England
DSC02662.JPG
I used two 45 elbows and the stove is back 9.5 inches from the front and 13 inches in the back. It's nice to have a stove again after a few years without one. Thanks for the help with my piping and set back issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice stove and install. looks cozy.

Nice stove and hearth. Did you use a tee on the back or a 90? I've always wondered about the rear vent stoves supporting the stove pipe.

Is the stone on the wall real stone? Heavy? or a lightweight veneer? Looks like it is being glued right to sheetrock.

Nice stove and hearth. Did you use a tee on the back or a 90? I've always wondered about the rear vent stoves supporting the stove pipe.

Is the stone on the wall real stone? Heavy? or a lightweight veneer? Looks like it is being glued right to sheetrock.
I used the tee, I had the mason that put the Class A chimney and help move the stove and do the final pipe install. I used real stone veneer from Stoneyard. It's on four metal studs that furred out another half inch with Durarock, then added the Durarock sheets over that. All the house walls are lath and plaster. The whole project was probably 30 hours total. The mason installing the chimney was likely 10 hours total, which seems long to me. I wanted a professional install on the chimney, so the insurance company wouldn't jack my rate. The stone base and wall behind it really hold the heat nicely, so combined with the soapstone stove, you get amazing heat retention. The true test will be January, when it can get to 30 below zero here in Northern NH.

Reactions: Highbeam
Looks like a magazine cover - great work!
Thank-you. I'll get going on renovating the room after the holidays, my wife is pleased to have the stove done for now.

I really like that detail on the door. That peak looks really nice. I bet if fits the style of your Victorian quite well.

I really like that detail on the door. That peak looks really nice. I bet if fits the style of your Victorian quite well.
You have a good eye, as this is/was a Victorian. The house was transformed into an art and crafts bungalow around 1902. Here are the before and after pictures
house image2.jpg house image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great setup and looks great!

nice to have a stove again after a few years without one.
Lookin' good! :cool: Is that the 201 you were pondering a while back?
Did you use a tee on the back or a 90? I've always wondered about the rear vent stoves supporting the stove pipe.
With the ceiling support box, there's only a couple of sections to support. That might be double-wall, though...
I've got a concrete block under the tee to my heavy flex liner, but it has hung temporarily from only the top clamp/plate on top of the clay liner...
tee.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.