Mysterious opening at back of Pacific Energy Summit Insert LE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

davidmsem

Minister of Fire
Oct 30, 2014
New haven, Connecticut
Looking through my installation manual for the Pacific Summit LE answer I don't see anything that tells me what I should do with these mysterious slots in the back of the unit.

There are two rectangular shaped doors that are open, but I can close them and there is a screw there to hold them closed. Any idea what these are?

Does anybody know?

20220517_083831.jpg

The outside air kit instructions call for sealing the surround well so maybe that’s combustion air intake. Seal it to use room air?? Worth an email to PE.

Reactions: davidmsem
The outside air kit instructions call for sealing the surround well so maybe that’s combustion air intake. Seal it to use room air?? Worth an email to PE.
Thanks. The problem that I know about is you can not contact PE directly. You have to reach a dealer. I've reached out and crickets back from PE.

My local dealer says to leave open, but why? I'm not so sure. The fan would push air that would exit here (I think).

Does not make sense. Sigh.

Thanks. The problem that I know about is you can not contact PE directly. You have to reach a dealer. I've reached out and crickets back from PE.

My local dealer says to leave open, but why? I'm not so sure. The fan would push air that would exit here (I think).

Does not make sense. Sigh.
Can you bypass the fans thermal switch and test it before it’s installed?

Reactions: davidmsem
Can you bypass the fans thermal switch and test it before it’s installed?
Possibly. I was just reading another post here that said the slots in the rear are handles and they should be closed. That makes more sense to me. Looking for some consensus.

Found the answer in another thread I believe. My local dealer was wrong. The rectangular holes in the back should be CLOSED! They are handles for lifting or moving.

@Hogwildz , always helpful. Years later his advice and contributions still holding up.

Attachments

• B MODEL INSERT PARTS DIAGRAM.pdf
    154.5 KB · Views: 149
Found the answer in another thread I believe. My local dealer was wrong. The rectangular holes in the back should be CLOSED! They are handles for lifting or moving.

@Hogwildz , always helpful. Years later his advice and contributions still holding up.
Glad the knowledge keeps rolling on

Status
Not open for further replies.