Mystery Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chell

Hearth Supporter
Nov 12, 2007
Minnesota
chellsroost.com
Hi all! Well, OK, it's not a total mystery stove I'm asking about. It's a Hearth Mate, the front (not counting legs) being 18" x 18", and 24" front to back. It's a basic black metal boxy wood stove, the door stamped with a gal using the stove. If you have the time and the inclination to look, here is the auction, where I had bought it for relatively cheap. The owner had told me it was in good shape and UL listed. My husband is driving home with it now, but he told me (cell phones- if only they were always used before making decisions- lol!) it actually doesn't have any testing lab tag on it, or even one with clearances. The guy told him at the time of pick-up that he thought it was UL listed. So. Does anyone here have information on this type of Hearth Mate wood stove? If it was tested (I understand they haven't been made in some time), which lab? And more importantly, is this the sort of thing that would give insurance companies the willies? It's gotta be better than the non-ul (again, didn't know 'til after the fact) Vogelzang I returned to Menards.

They say it's not so bad when you talk to yourself, but it is when you start answering back. Well, I'm answering back. :) My question has been answered. The stove's here now, and there's a UL plate on the side of it.

What do you want to hear? I sorry things did not work out they way it happened. I don't even know how to advise you

Thanks for looking, Elk. It worked out just fine. Stove is UL listed (plate on side). So the question was answered. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.