Nano House

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
smokinjay said:
lukem said:
Jags said:
smokinjay said:
lol, My chix coop will be in the 500sqft range! :cheese:

Oh - and just look at those chickens, livin' large in the egg mcmansion.

Above 200 sq ft it no longer meets the international poultry farmers' designation for a coop. It becomes a chicken ranch. I made all of that up.

LOL, dont know how big I will go, may have enogh tulip poplar to even do for couple hogs to...

All the bacon and egg sandwiches you can eat.. sounds good to me....

My boss would let me work 1,000 hours more each year. But how would I do that and get my vacation time in?

I would like to see the outside of that house. Maybe I could raise the roof and put a loft in, maybe a nice deck.

My wife and I lived in a chicken shack for a year. It was awesome. Completely quiet and 50' from a spring-fed lake with my own beach. It had a gas furnace in the center with no ducting, and if you shut the heat off when you left it would freeze the dishes in the sink in a matter of hours. One bedroom, one bath, and a kitchen/living room. Dining table was on the porch. The guy who rented it was questioning whether to tear it down or not when I scored it. It was $200/month with cable, phone and two 20 amp breakers included. You had to share the phone line with next door. I'm guessing it was under 300 sqft.

We should have never left the chicken shack.

btuser said:
My wife and I lived in a chicken shack for a year. It was awesome. Completely quiet and 50' from a spring-fed lake with my own beach. It had a gas furnace in the center with no ducting, and if you shut the heat off when you left it would freeze the dishes in the sink in a matter of hours. One bedroom, one bath, and a kitchen/living room. Dining table was on the porch. The guy who rented it was questioning whether to tear it down or not when I scored it. It was $200/month with cable, phone and two 20 amp breakers included. You had to share the phone line with next door. I'm guessing it was under 300 sqft.

We should have never left the chicken shack.

lol, I remember one in the very small town of Windsor Indiana. (My home town)

I kinda sorta don't regret leaving it but I've got to say if that where I end up I would be more than happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.