Napoleon 1400 banff clean out door

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Klg321

Apr 26, 2017
Newfoundland
Hi folks,,, just wondering about my Napoleon 1400 banff.. It's a new install,, I'm noticing that there seems to be air coming in through it,,, I checked it,, there's nothing caught,, and seems to be closed as it should be,, it doesn't seem to be alot,, just wondering if this is normal for these stoves.... Thank you to all in advance,, you're always

An EPA stove will does not completely shut off the air supply. This keeps the airwash flow and is to reduce smoldering. The secondary air is not controlled.

An EPA stove will does not completely shut off the air supply. This keeps the airwash flow and is to reduce smoldering. The secondary air is not controlled.

Sorry about the wording of my question,, the air seems to be coming in through the clean out door,, there's definitely nothing caught in it,, and it is closed... I'm noticing that the coals should are glowing bright around the area of the clean out door,, Just wondering if this is normal,,, thanks for your help.. Cheers