Napoleon 1402 Air Wash Gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kbrown

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Oct 19, 2008
SE, Michigan
Not sure if this question has already been asked, but can't seem to find anything in the search of forums so here it goes...
Does anyone know what the type of material is used for the air wash gasket on the Napoleon 1402? It's frustrating that I am on my third replacement of this in less than ten years at about $40 each time. I was wondering if there's a way to just by a roll of that gasket material and cut my own. We have a business were we use a CO2 laser to cut/engrave materials, and I thought it would be perfect to just cut out a few of these if I have to replace it so much. The shield is metal so it shouldn't need replacement, just unscrew it, put in a new gasket and move on!

Thanks!