Napoleon NZ26 zero-clearance and duraplus baseplate adapter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stangds

Oct 27, 2006
I have a Napoleon NZ26 zero-clearance fireplace ready for installation. I also have the duraplus baseplate adapter for 6" triple walled pipe.

now on to my question:

The vent hole on the top of the fireplace is about 6 1/2 inches in diameter, whereas the baseplate adapter that fits down inside of this is about 6 inches in diameter.

Is this normal? it seems "sloppy" to me. I'm afraid creosote will build up in this area, and cause a fire risk.

the stove came with a square gasket to seal the top of the stove to where the stovepipe sits on it.

Thanks,

Dan

Yes, it says you can use any 6" diameter chimney listed to UL-103HT. Duraplus is listed UL-103HT.

Well then, you should not have any problems. All the pipes are 6". If the stove is 6.5" then you will have a quarter inch lip all the way around. Nothing i would worry about. Its the hottest part of the stove and creosote wont survive there. If the pipe is listed for the appliance, there is no problem using it.

Thanks for the input. I'm just making sure I didn't get a fireplace with a manufacturing defect or anything like that. :)

This is a nice forum you guys have here!

Status
Not open for further replies.