Napoleon NZ3000H chimney cleaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dogger

Nov 15, 2022
orillia ontario
So I Have the NZ3000H and was hoping someone could tell me once I clean the chimney how do i get the all the stuff from the chimney out of the fireplace insert ?

Were the insulation blanket and baffle removed before the cleaning was started?

Were the insulation blanket and baffle removed before the cleaning was started?
I actually haven’t cleaned the chimney yet, so I haven’t done anything with the insert. Just trying to figure out what I need to do with the fireplace insert before I clean the chimney.

Last edited:
When I swept my old 3000 I’d drop the whole secondary assembly, sweep, then reinstall. If I didn’t I couldn’t get the blanket back in there properly.

Reactions: dogger
first time doing this any videos or info out there in how to do this?
Not that I know of, but if you look up in there it’s pretty self explanatory. It’s been about 10 years but if memory serves me correctly, about 4-6 1/2”ish bolts and the assembly comes down.

Reactions: dogger