Narrowed down to 2 companies either st. croix or enviro........you decide

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deucedown

May 26, 2008
poughkeepsie, ny
It has come down to 2 companies here in poughkeepsie ny. I have taken advice and I like both of the dealers, they seem to go the extra mile. Given everything is equal in price and dealer availablility what would you chose. I still have to decide on a freestanding stove 35 - 45,000 btu. My wife likes the stoves that come in different colors, problem is they are 35 btu and I want 45. Thanks for any info.

I'd go with the one you like the looks of most. If all other criteria are met what else is there to decide on? Remember it's you that has to look at it for the next few years

its really hard to argue against either one , both are solid units with great track records. i guess the "burning question" would be , do you really need a 45Kbtu unit? or do you simply want the high end for cold house heating if away or in case of extreme cold? remember also that the max btu output is determined by how much fuel you feed to the fire hitting 45Kbtu will require more than 5 lbs per hour of feed rate which is better than 3 full bags of fuel a day, very seldom have i run into anyone who has to burn that much fuel to heat their house. as for deciding for you , i do not build either unit so i am obligated not to chose for you , but i will say as i did leading off , both are quality units and i doubt either one would disappoint you with its performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.