nc30 draft control question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Archer39

Feeling the Heat
Sep 23, 2009
Pottstown PA
How is the draft control suppose to feel in terms of resistance while moving in and out? Mine moves freely until about the last 1/2" (air shut off) when it kinda tightens up. It also makes a rubbing sound when moving. I don't really see any effects in the fire activity between fully open and 3/4" but it does dampen out the fire really hard when fully pushed in. I purchased the stove used and the previous owner tampered with the baffle boards so i want to make sure the draft control is correct. does this sound normal?

I should add that last season i was having a hard time achieving long burns and good secondary burns but i kinda attributed that to the poorly seasoned wood. I have yet to light a large fire this season with my dry wood so i am hoping that the problem was due to the wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.