Need a large ZC high efficiency fireplace ASAP that has an optional heat distribution system

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

lfunk11

Jan 8, 2010
Morgantown, WV
We are rebuilding our house after our house burned down in April. Well, our builder called today and said that the fireplace we had picked out (Superior WCT6940/Montecito Estate) cannot be found anywhere. The one that he had reserved was sold out from under him. Anyone have a suggestion for a large ZC fireplace that has the option to heat another room with connected ducting? I already have the ducting installed in our house to heat the basement as well as the great room. I wanted to get the Quadrafire 7100 but that is no longer available with the new EPA standards. Our new house is about 3700sf so I want to stay with larger fireplaces if possible.

I found these as options with some quick searching. Any thoughts about the best one on this list or any other ZC options that I don't have here?

Quadrafire Pioneer II or III
Pacific Energy FP30
Osburn Horizon Wood Burning Fireplace
Napoleon High Country 3000
Heat & Glo Northstar

This is the room it is going in: IMG_1650.jpg

Building a house during COVID has been rough with jacked up prices and poor availability on all sorts of things!

Try to find the Astria Montecito Estate. Same thing.

The Northstar is the brother of the Quad 7100
The RSF Delta Fusion is a 4.4 cu ft heating monster, they also make the Opel 3 plus at 3.6 cu ft.

If you dont mind ordering online/over the phone and having it shipped in, I would start calling around. It sounds like your builder will be putting it in so you may not need local shop support? You would have to research the difference in the ws model, if there is a difference.
This website lists it as in stock:

And a few more...

I ended up going with the Northstar. Smaller but that was one of the few available options from the sub-contractor that does the fireplace installs. I would rather them be familiar with an install rather than trying something for the first time. I like the look of the Northstar, but I was also excited for a really big fireplace. Oh well, custom home building has some sacrifices involved in it.

If you dont mind ordering online/over the phone and having it shipped in, I would start calling around. It sounds like your builder will be putting it in so you may not need local shop support? You would have to research the difference in the ws model, if there is a difference.
This website lists it as in stock:

And a few more...

He said he called all over the place trying to get one. I ran into a similar situation with the big ceiling fans I got for the great room. I called 10+ places looking for a specific fan model but it was sold out nationwide and on back order.

He does not install the fireplace, he sub contracts that out to a shop that specializes in these installs.