Need a plan for my fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grovenburg

Dec 9, 2011
[email protected]
I have an Econoburn 100 built in 2008. The fan has been taking longer and longer to "spool up" to speed as the weather gets colder. I was thinking about pulling the cover and blasting the fan with compressed air. Can I oil the thing as well or should I just get a new one?

Have you changed the fan speed. When the speed is reduced, the starting torque is diminished. Or you might have a defective starting capacitor.

Might want to search I think there was a post about fan problems from that vintage.

gg

Best be busy about getting a replacement motor on hand. Those types of things never seem to break during normal business hours.

Reactions: flyingcow
Status
Not open for further replies.