Need adapter help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JC1029

Nov 22, 2023
Alabama
Just purchased the FIREVIEW stove and all Duravent DVL double wall pipe

Woodstock stove instructed us to get the Duravent single wall stovetop adapter to come out of stove's back exit but how would that connect to the double wall Duravent Tee?
The single wall adapter does fit perfectly because its 5 15/16 so its snug but
I dont see how that will work connecting into the double wall Duravent tee connection

We also purchased the Duravent double wall stovetop adapter BUT it will not properly fit the back flue exit because it 5 5/8 in a 6" hole so its very, very loose and I just dont feel good about that being a safe connection

Would it be a bad idea to connect the double wall stove adapter over the single wall one to make the connection into the double wall tee?

Any advice would be appreciated.

I'm sorry there has been no response. Did you try fitting the DVL pipe without adapter directly to the flue collar?

I'm sorry there has been no response. Did you try fitting the DVL pipe without adapter directly to the flue collar?
It does not fit directly into the flue collar, but what I ended up doing was getting a single wall stove adapter to come out of the back of the stove and then attached that the DVL double wall tee with sheet metal screws and so far we are in business! Several fires so far and no smoke leaks or anything so I think Im good!

I'm glad you have heat and fire. I'm trying to figure out how many modern stoves the DVL adapter doesn't fit, but a regular piece of DVL does. So far it looks like this the case with PE, VC, Heathstone?, and Jotul stoves.

I'm glad you have heat and fire. I'm trying to figure out how many modern stoves the DVL adapter doesn't fit, but a regular piece of DVL does. So far it looks like this the case with PE, VC, and Jotul stoves.
This is the Woodstock Soapstone Company wrought iron FIREVIEW model and the DLV stove adapter was way to loose inside the flue, there was no way to get it tight enough without a modification that Northline Express (pipe vendor) suggested, which I was not willing to do. Since the DVL pipe didnt fit either, the only thing I COULD do was insert the single wall adapter then add the double behind that and I was not sure that was ok to do, but it worked like a charm, it just looks strange since the double wall now sticks outside over the single wall pipe but as long as it is sealed up I am good with that. We have had about 10 fires this winter and so far its all good no leaks anywhere.