need advice about buying a trailer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Then you have something like this.

Hmmm now they keep popping up.

I agree ..I just hadn't seen these ..

Reactions: MissMac
If I wanted to move the logs you are moving. I would find a steel 14-16 ft deck over tandem axle trailer with at least 1800 kg axles (2400 kg would be better) with brakes on both axles . Then I would make or get made a few 1 meter bolsters that fit in the stake pockets of said trailer. Presto a nice safe log hauler that is easy to load and unload. About the bolsters; MTO if they were to stop you, aren’t very happy if you are hauling logs without steel stakes as high as logs are piled. And unless you are hauling crazy big loads you are more likely to get stopped for this than being slightly overweight.