Need advice on hooking a mag gauge to a P43

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveB

Feb 9, 2012
South Central PA.
Just bought a used Magnehelic off of ebay for 25$ plus shipping. It goes from 0-1" WC. Since I installed my P43 myself I wanted to check the draft trim adjustment. The mag came with a case and a hose but I need to find an adapter to fit the test port on the P43. Can someone tell me what size I need to find or if you McGyver'd your own how did you do it? Thanks!

Steve

I am going to hardware store to find some tubing that will be snug-tight. Bolt looks to be 3/8". If worried can add some silicone but we are only looking at 1/3 to 1/2 inch of water vacuum. Will make my own u-tube meter as will probably use only once.

Snug-tight tubing sounds like a good idea. Thanks!

I just got some 3/16 and was just a bit loose but a couple spiral wraps of electrical tape allowed me to screw it in for a tight fit. 13 cents a foot. 3ft will give plenty to make a u loop manometer

If you already have hoses, I would just snug it into the hole with your hand, and get a reading first.

Calibrate meter per directions.
Put hose into unit.
When the unit is off, the gauge should read little to no draft since your OAK damper will be closed.
Test draft in unit per manual.

How I did mine, and it runs great.

If you already have hoses, I would just snug it into the hole with your hand, and get a reading first.

Calibrate meter per directions.
Put hose into unit.
When the unit is off, the gauge should read little to no draft since your OAK damper will be closed.
Test draft in unit per manual.

How I did mine, and it runs great.

Ok, sounds like a plan. Thanks guys!

Reactions: Bioburner
Status
Not open for further replies.