Need advise on potential install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaymohn

Apr 24, 2013
Kentucky
Hello. My name is Justin and have been lurking in the forums for about a year. My first post and could use some advise from the more experienced wood burners. My original plan was to put a stove in my 1800 sq ft ranch (basement would be finished and insulated). After reading many troubles of this type of install (getting the heat upstairs) I'm thinking about buying a Blaze King Sirocco 20 or 30 and replacing a gas fireplace. I would have to tear out the fireplace and build an alcovE. Not sure why my font went crazy. Will respond to my post for more info. Sorry

Reactions: Pallet Pete
Any advise on this. It's 40 inches from the rectangular hole I made to the back wall so don't have a lot of room. I'm sure I've left out a lot of detail needed for good advise. Thanks for any help on this.

Attachments

• P1020495.JPG
    P1020495.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 98
  • P1020494.JPG
    P1020494.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 109
Welcome Justin to Hearth.com !

I would recommend sending a message to BKVP he is the Vice President of Blaze king I believe. There stoves have pretty tight clearances I believe which is good in your situation.

Pete

This would be a corner install, not an alcove. The clearance charts are in the manual for the stove. The install should be pretty straight forward. All new flue would be required with class A, high temp pipe from the ceiling upward.

Status
Not open for further replies.