Need help .. "how to heath this House?"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
at the moment we install a Drolet Eco‑45 in the Living room.
It is nice to heath the living room, Kitchen and the area from the master bedroom.
a isolated pipe runs from the ceiling over the stove in the loft with a 80cbf van to the Children room (on +5C and more it holds the temp in the room but not more main heat by central oil airforce)

plan.jpg
plan-with.jpg

now we plan to buy a 2. pellet stove to heat the rest from the house.

but what will the best place to heath the rest area??

any idea for us ??

Maybe just a bigger stove? I don't see a natural place for a second stove, unless you can squeeze a small one in the hallway. But I think if you just went with a higher btu stove and placed it in the lower right corner of the living/dining area would heat the space better.

Another option is to get a stove that has venting/ducting capabilities, and put it in the garage. Run the vents into the guest bed, hall, and children's room.

the stove in the living room runns on 1or2 but if i go hogher there it's overheat then room :(
maybe a 2. stove in the landry with pipes to the 3 rooms will help?

I'm thinking about a 'boiler mods' like a "Crosslink Kit"

I wouldn't use a boiler mod, but that's just my opinion.

I still think the garage would be the best place for a large stove with ducting to the other rooms.

Also, the way a stove works - it's one point of heat. So while you're in the room, it will be hot. But at night, when people are in their bedrooms, turn the stove up.

but large stove say large $$$ :(
and a stove in the garage need i higher point or a wall to the car area :(

Also worth a mention is installing a pellet furnace integrated with your existing forced hot air system. There are members here that have experience with them.

Reactions: gbreda and jtakeman
ups sorry i forget the guestroom with the bad is NOT hook on with the furnace air :( the preown built this rooms in the garage and heat it with e-baseboards :(

that's why I'm thinking about the boiler kit and hot water baseboard heather for this

Also worth a mention is installing a pellet furnace integrated with your existing forced hot air system. There are members here that have experience with them.

Me too! More "even" heat through the whole house not just a room or 2. It may be more pricey, But truly the best way to heat the entire house IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.