Need help identify this 60's/70's wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

428street

May 11, 2017
Milford, CT
Hi all:

This wood stove was given to me a couple days ago in lieu of it going to the scrap yard. I just could not see this thing being scraped. I took about 15 minutes and looked all around it and there are no manufacturers marks, model #'s etc. Nothing at least that is obvious. Not sure if this is a Sears model or Andy Warhol version (kidding). It's very heavy and looks to be really well made. This seems to be from the 60's/70's. Any help in identifying this would be appreciated or even point me in the right direction. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_5318.JPG
    IMG_5318.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 167
Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure but it looks like it may be a Malm cone fireplace. Maybe get in touch with them and send them the picture?
http://www.malmfireplaces.com/

Yes, definitely could be. Do you have the firescreen for the fireplace? It should have the Majestic logo on it.

I have the frame that someone re-screened...no majestic logo and looks like a drawer handle on it...any idea what this thing is worth? Not looking to see it just curious...

I have the frame that someone re-screened...no majestic logo and looks like a drawer handle on it...any idea what this thing is worth? Not looking to see it just curious...
Just a little above scrap value. Allot of companies made allot of them and they typically didnt get used much so there are still lots of them around in good shape. That and they are purly for ambiance producing little to no heat makes them not worth much. But i do love the look