need help identifying old stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

coreycsbasspb

Dec 3, 2020
new york
hello I recently bought a house and in the basement is this old coal stove (at least I think it's a coal stove) it is made by agricola furnace company i have spent the past 2 hours trying to find some information on this and cant find much of anything and there is no pictures of an agricola that even look close to this one that I have been able to find. i think it's made from cast iron and either ceramic or enamel. if anyone knows what this is or can point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it. I'm trying to find out the model, when it was made and how much it's worth if anything.
20201119_214616.jpg20201203_164218.jpg20201203_164300.jpg

It's an art deco style parlor stove. I would guess vintage to be somewhere around 1900-1920? Agricola made a lot of stoves including for catalog houses like Montgomery Ward.

It's an art deco style parlor stove. I would guess vintage to be somewhere around 1900-1920? Agricola made a lot of stoves including for catalog houses like Montgomery Ward.
any idea the value and where if anywhere I can find something online about this stove. iv spent most of my 12 hour shift at work last night trying to find anything with no luck what so ever.

You'd do better to look on antique stove sites for comparables. The value is in the eyes of the beholder, but if it were cleaned up well and if it is fully functional then it will go for more. I would guess around $4-500, but that is just a guess.

hello I recently bought a house and in the basement is this old coal stove (at least I think it's a coal stove) it is made by agricola furnace company i have spent the past 2 hours trying to find some information on this and cant find much of anything and there is no pictures of an agricola that even look close to this one that I have been able to find. i think it's made from cast iron and either ceramic or enamel. if anyone knows what this is or can point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it. I'm trying to find out the model, when it was made and how much it's worth if anything.
View attachment 268401View attachment 268402View attachment 268403

IMG_8190.jpeg

We have the same stove- number 203. Would love to learn more. Also interesting in selling