Need Help Identifying This Fireplace...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CPrinzivalli

Feb 7, 2006
I am in need of some spare parts for this fireplace...Glass, seal and overheat safety namely...Problem is I can't identify it!!! There are no indications for make, model, serial number or even a phone number anywhere on the unit, just warning labels...Can anyone help?..CP

Attachments

• 848.jpg
    848.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 479
  • 844.jpg
    844.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 490
  • 818.jpg
    818.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 485
it looks like a insert, not a fireplace. Can you provide better photos? looks like a older unit with a robert shaw valve. Thats about all i can tell.

I'd say its definetly a Zero Clearance Fireplace. Possibly an older Heat N Glo model. Does the fireplace have the initials GTI on it anywhere, if so then its a Heat N Glo. Tough to tell because the pictures are a little far away. What does that plate under the valve have written on it? I second the better photos. A picture of the interior of the fireplace (logs/burner) and that wordy plate if legible would help. Look for things on the plate like GTI, models 750, 4000, 6000, 7000 ect. Another thing older Heat n Glo's had was wing nuts to hold on the glass. Obviously leaning toward Heat n glo on this one but not sure yet, could be a majestic buy the look of the front, not sure if they used robert shaw valves back then though.

Status
Not open for further replies.