Need help identifying wood stove make/model

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

blackdrum13

Nov 10, 2020
Albrightsville, PA
IMG_3551.jpg

Hi,

I just bought a house and the previous owner decided to just stick this stove in the fireplace w/ no liner resulting in a huge mess/soot all over the walls. I would like to either get this stove installed properly or perhaps go with a wood burning insert. Does anyone know the make/model of this stove and if it would be possible to have it installed correctly? I am also looking for an installer in the Poconos, PA area if anyone has recommendations. Thanks!

The body style resembles a Garrison, but not the doors. Is the stove connected to a liner now?

Thanks, Begreen! I agree it does look like a Garrison and the original doors were probably replaced which makes me lean more towards buying a new stove. It is not attached to a liner. I've been trying to get a local contractor to come out and check it out/give me an estimate but this must be their busy season because its been challenging to get someone on the phone. Since the previous owner used it w/ no liner, I am hoping the inside of the chimney isn't filled with soot/creosote.

Thanks, Begreen! I agree it does look like a Garrison and the original doors were probably replaced which makes me lean more towards buying a new stove. It is not attached to a liner. I've been trying to get a local contractor to come out and check it out/give me an estimate but this must be their busy season because its been challenging to get someone on the phone. Since the previous owner used it w/ no liner, I am hoping the inside of the chimney isn't filled with soot/creosote.
Plan on calling a professional chimney sweep. You will definitely need a cleaning from the sounds of it. Most likely they can provide additional guidance as well on your options.

Replacing the stove and connecting a modern new one will make a huge improvement in safety and performance.
This is the busiest time for sweeps and installers. Find a couple good ones in your area and get on their list. It could be several weeks before they can come and clean the chimney and talk about a new installation. In the meantime you could do research on the replacement and get the old stove out.