Need help on Dovre

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostpirate

Feb 6, 2009
Georgia
Hello folks,

I just bought a used Dovre 300HC Heirloom. It turns out the flue is 6.5 inches on the unit. I 've tried looking everywhere on the net and no one seems to carry an adaptor flue for this. What concerns me now (unfortunately after I already bought it) the specs on the back call for a 10" flue. Any one have any thoughts on this or where I can get the right parts? I paid 300 for the stove and at the time thought I was getting a good deal but now I think the cost is going to sky rocket.

Thanks for anyone who can help.

Max

Greetings Max. Hang in there, 10" doesn't sound right. Are you sure this isn't a clearance dimension? The flue connector is most likely metric. Maybe 175mm? If so, there are adapters. This should be a good stove if it's in nice condition. Dovre made nice castings. Is there a catalyst on the stove? If so, what shape is it in?

Here's a link to a thread with a bit more Dovre info. You might try and PM sullystul for more details:

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/30080/

Status
Not open for further replies.