Need help picking wood insert or hearth stove.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wood Pirate

Hearth Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Orange County, NY
Hey Guys.
I primarily heat my home with my wood boiler but am considering installing a very small wood stove or insert within my seldom used fireplace for shoulder season etc. My fireplace measurements are as follows:

27" wide X 27" tall X 24" deep from face of fireplace to back of fireplace. The slate extends another 15" into my living room from the face of the fireplace.
I am looking for the smallest possible btu stove but something that looks nice as well. I am not sure what will fit, if this is a standard size fireplace that will accept most inserts?
I like the looks of putting a freestanding "hearth stove" in the opening of the fireplace but also dont know how much room is needed. I also like the look of the enamel finished stoves but dont need enamel finish.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

I was just Lowes web site they are now selling Forester brand wood stove they look like they wood be just perfect. Also Vermont casting has small black aspen thats cute.

Catalytic stoves really shine in the shoulder season. They will give you a nice long burn without overheating the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.