Need help !!! PICS INCLUDED

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RazrRebel

Hearth Supporter
Dec 10, 2010
Southwest Virginia
Allright guys need some help. Posted before on an insert, and everybody tried to sway me to a freestanding stove. Its not gonna happen,but I am determined on the insert so Ineed some help choosing. Hers some background. I have a 28' x 56' doublewide, mobile home or whatever you want to call it. Roughly 1500 sq. ft. The fireplace we now have is a prefab that came with it. We kept the flue closed the first couple of years and used ventfree gas logs. Last year I took the logs out and burned wood. This year I want to put in an insert. I have already checked the paperwork that came with the prefab unit and I can burn wood. I have included dimensions and pics and need some help on what my options are. I want the biggest insert that will fit for a longer burning time. There is only one limitation. The actual insert can't go out past the hearth. I will be placing a hearth mat in front of the actual hearth to protect my carpet. Well here are the specs and pics, help me out. Oh yeah the one pic is from where I hunt, 8 Bucks together . One 160 class nine pointer.

Attachments

• DSC_0809.jpg
    DSC_0809.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 516
  • DSC_0839.jpg
    DSC_0839.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 528
  • DSC_0840.jpg
    DSC_0840.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 524
  • DSC_0841.jpg
    DSC_0841.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 524
  • DSC_0842.jpg
    DSC_0842.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 522
  • DSC_0843.jpg
    DSC_0843.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 552
  • DSC_0844.jpg
    DSC_0844.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 521
  • DSC_0845.jpg
    DSC_0845.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 524
Hey welcome to the forum, I like your place and i love the pic of deer in your photo line up, I work with a guy who recently added an addition to his double wide and was also wanting to replace his fireplace with a insert and they do make inserts for your setup, I believe quadra fire and lennox has inserts for your setup, do search on lennox stoves ang quadra fire stove and finf a dealer and tell him about you setup and waht you need?

Your owner's manual says you can put an insert in it, but the insert must be tested and approved by its manufacturer for installation in that fireplace. Also, your chimney probably isn't going to work as is. Looks to be 8", and probably air-cooled.

An insert will look nice in that fireplace. You need to take measurments HXWXD of the fire box then search different insert Brands to see what fits. Looks like it will only fit a small to medium insert in there. Lots of different manufactures to look at like PE, Lopi, Morso, Quadrafire, Avalon, Enviro, Napoleon, Englander just to name a few.

Nice looking fireplace! I agree an insert would look great in there and agree with Todds post..

Good Luck!

Ray

big...is going to be relative in such a fireplace. You have to fit something in there - and the firebox ends up being much smaller than the existing one due to the air chamber, firebrick, etc.

My first course of action would be to consider the age and exact model of the fireplace. If, for instance, it is a new Heatilator, that company (makes Quadrafire) may have a pre-fab insert which is approved into it without a relining of the chimney. To be more specific, newer fireplaces usually use a chimney tested to a higher temp, which allows this.

I'll just comment on the bucks. Very nice indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.