Need help removing door from Waterford Leprechaun

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mdanemann

Dec 24, 2008
New Mexico
My wife broke the glass in our stove trying to put too large a piece of wood in. I can't blame her, I've used the door as leverage. Anyway, now I need to remove the door to get new glass made as Waterfords are not sold in North America. In looking at the door it has simple holes that a slotted pin sits in. My guess is that the hollow pin with a slot in it needs to be removed from one end to get the door off, but I don't know how to remove the pin. It's probably simple but I can't figure it out.

Signed -- Cold in Taos

Thanks. I concluded the same thing and I suspect I'd have to remove the top of the stove to do that. So instead I made a template for the glass out of cardboard and will have a replacement made. Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.