Need Help With Boimax 60

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinst1

Nov 9, 2008
Rhode Island
Hi to all, This biomax was my brother's he just past away on dec 2 at 49 years old. We installed it to heat both of are houses. We have 1000 gal storage he new what to do and I now just a little since this a new boiler. My question is and it was his and never got the chance to ask. The air intake what should it be? is there any other changes we need to make on the controler? If someone has time and would like to call me my cell # 4012552959. Thank you Kevin :down: [email protected]

I really know nothing on this stove but I'm going to bump this back to the top as this gentlemen sounds like he needs help.

I am burning the EKO but would like to see you get some answers on the BIOMAX it looks like a real nice unit..Dave

I looked over the manual and like the old one for the EKO it is very poor. I did notice it uses the same controller as the eko. You could go here and look at the controller http://www.newhorizoncorp.com/PDF/RK-2001UA-ENG1.pdf

Here for eko new manual it may help? http://www.newhorizoncorp.com/PDF/ekomanualNA07.pdf

Here call Zennon and ask him your set up questions. http://www.newhorizoncorp.com/orlanpellet.php

I hope this helps, the only thing I changed with my controller is I set the pump launch to 160 deg from 140

Rob

i have a biomax 40 and dont know about the air intakes of the 60 but the controller comes ready to go not much to change. if you want to change things its easy just follow instructions in manual. i would burn a month or so first. the only changes i made to the air intake is opened up the primary chamber all the way open dont know if it is helping me or not.

Biomax (Biomass) 60 owner here.

The primaries need to be shut down as far as you can without choking out the combustion in the upper chamber. It will take a little longer to stop smoking this way though. The idea is to have a smoldering fire in the loading chamber producing wood gas for the lower chamber. The more dry the wood the smaller the opening required. Mine are open to about 1/2" at the widest part of the opening (keeping the shutter vertical).

My secondaries are only open about 3/16”.

My fan is set by the controller to 70% and the shutter on the fan is open about 3/8”.

I’m burning 20-25% moisture White Oak (2-3” splits) at these settings with good results.

Our systems sound similar so you might start with these settings and go from there.

Sorry to here about your brother. Would he have been a member here?

Status
Not open for further replies.